Monday, March 29, 2010

Flowering Cherries at the National Arboretum


Last Saturday was a picture perfect spring day! Michael and I headed over to one of our MOST favorite DC destinations: the National Arboretum. It was sunny and beautiful outside and the cherry blossoms were in bloom and it was a delight to see... but I say "picture perfect" because it was chilly! Brrr...

Fortunately, we'll be checking out the cherry blossoms at the tidal basin with Michael's parents this weekend and it's supposed to be in the 80's. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any more photos? I would love to see the cherry blossoms! What is the monument in the background of this photo? It looks like a Greek ruin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we didn't take photos unfortunately (I found this on the web). We were just in the area for brunch and so we just stopped by. It so happened that it was the cherry blossom tour weekend. But this weekend, we WILL be taking lots of photos of the cherry blossoms at the tidal basin so I'll post those :)

    The Greek ruin in the background are the original Corinthian columns from the East Portico of the Capitol. Aren't they fabulous? Here's the history: http://www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/collections/columns.html

    Next time you're in DC, we'll take you here and get some fabulous photos! The arboretum is really a hidden (and underappreciated) gem.

    ReplyDelete