Is there anything better than warm biscuits on Saturday morning? I dare say not much!
So here's my super simple, 5 minute prep, 10 minute bake recipe... you have no excuse not to have warm, delicious biscuits on a cold, winter morning.
(The one thing you will need is a biscuit cutter but they're cheap and will last you forever so go out and get one if you don't already have one... or a couple)
INGREDIENTS
2 cups Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking & Pancake Mix (and a little more for sprinkling on work surface)
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp oil
Now just follow the instructions on the side of the Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking & Pancake Mix box! (I've added my supplemental directions in parentheses)
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Stir together all the ingredients until moistened (I use a fork). Turn dough out onto a floured board (I use my counter) and knead 8-10 times. Roll or pat out 1/2 inch thick and cut with biscuit cutter dipped in flour (I like using the small biscuit cutter but any size works). Place on ungreased baking sheet (and melt a couple tbsp of butter in a mug in the microwave and brush it onto the unbaked biscuits before they go into the oven). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (I also brush with some more butter when they're hot out of the oven... it's the simple pleasures in life, right?)
And that's it! Then top with local honey or homemade fig jam (or slather with gravy like they do it down South). Mmmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment