Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easy Monkey Bread Muffins


I've always had a little sweet spot of monkey bread but it's always seemed so messy when baked in a loaf or in a bundt pan.  So when I saw this recipe on Two Peas and their Pod, I had to try it out.  Here's my version of the recipe with a couple tweaks:

INGREDIENTS
3 cans of refrigerated biscuits (I used the Safeway Jumbo biscuits)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Cut the biscuits in quarters and roll the dough into little balls.
3. Combine the cinnamon, sugar and optional chopped pecans. Roll the balls in the mixture.
4. Place four balls in one muffin cup. Fill the pan.
5. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small pot on the stove. Stir until melted and bubbly.
6. Pour the gooey sauce over the muffins.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on oven... mine took about 15 mins)
8. Cool for a minute in pan. Remove muffins from pan and enjoy the pretty little muffin!
Makes 24 muffins


Forget about your diet momentarily... you're going to want to make this for breakfast next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment