We leave on FRIDAY and I'm writing this blog post instead of packing. I like to live on the edge!
Last year, when we started planning this trip, I knew little about Istanbul. All I knew was that my dear friend Sania was going to bring in her 3rd decade with a fantastic birthday party in Istanbul and we were not going to miss it!
First I started pinning images of Istanbul on Pinterest. Looks pretty cool. Then I started reading several books on this AMAZING city. Then I started adding articles to our Tumblr. And then I started talking to friends (and friends of friends) that had been on vacation there and EVERYONE I've talked to has just fallen in love with this modern, ancient and enchanting city!
I had to put together a google map to keep it all straight.
View Istanbul 2012 in a larger map
We hope the wi-fi at the hotel is good and we can blog about our trip in real time, like we did in Paris. We also hope to do a lot of walking and a lot of eating, like we did in Paris! There's also a lot of history and architecture and markets... and I'm sure you can probably tell the theme of all our vacations... eating, walking, and architecture... aaaah! Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment