Friday, May 7, 2010

This Year's Garden... so far


Spring has sprung on our balcony!  This year, I am trying to grow my cherry and yellow pear tomatoes in 100% recycled homemade self-irrigating planters (aka, DIY earthboxes).  I'll go into depth in another post but essentially I started reading this blog Inside Urban Green and have been wanting to try one for a while. Let's hope the experiment works!!
Our raspberry bush that Mom and Dad Merschat bought for us from the old cathedral greenhouse has bloomed and has some green berries popping out.  Can't wait until they ripen!
We're also trying cucumbers and yellow squash this year too!
Then we have the stuff that comes back every year: chives, thyme, oregano, mint, and rosemary (not pictured).

And the rest of our bounty includes strawberries, lavender, bay leaves, eucalyptus greens, dill, winter savory, sage, tarragon, cayenne pepper, yellow bell peppers, and parsley.
Oh, and we also have basil inside... it hasn't gone outside yet.

Happy Friday!!!  Enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment