Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Already Daydreaming About Tide Pools
One of my favorite field trips in elementary school was to the tide pools down near Half Moon Bay. I hope we have enough time to take Mom and Dad Merschat (and Michael) to Fitzgerald Marine Reserve during low tide one day so they can explore all the neat anemones, urchins, crabs, star fish, and all the other neat things in the crevices of the rocky pools.
As the famous author and bay area resident John Steinbeck wrote in the The Log from the Sea of Cortez:
"It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars and then back to the tide pool again."
I think that really captures the beauty, diversity and intrinsic fascination people get when they walk along the tide pools. I can't wait for vacation!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment