Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DIY Terrarium: The Perfect Gift!


We were invited to a housewarming party for our friends Matt and Meg this weekend and I thought it would be nice to put together a little terrarium for their new place.

As most people know, I'm never lacking in plants and always more than willing to share my collection (to make room for more plants, of course!)


The only thing I had to pick up at the garden center was the glass container... but I'm an impulsive plant shopper and picked up this little fuzzy green plant  in the back because I thought it was cute.

Terrariums are super easy: layer of pebbles, layer of charcoal, layer of dirt, and then start decorating!  I pinched off some succulents from the mama plants on my windowsill, threw in a miniature african violet that I propagated last year, then put some moss, rocks, marbles, and whatever else I could find to make it look cozy.

I also like to personalize terrariums using a paint pen and/or sharpie pen.  Just makes it a little more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment