Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gifts for Sweet Tooth


My wonderful friend just gave me a package of delicious Salty Oat cookies and it reminded me that it's that time again: gift giving season has arrived!

Whether it's a thank you gift, a feel better soon gift, or a happy holidays/birthday gift, I have a ever-growing list of vendors that have surpassed my expectations and that I love to share with my favorite sweet tooths (sweet teeth???)  Whatever.

Chocolate Gourmet: Chicago-based sweet shop selling hand-rolled ugly chocolate truffles, squares, and damn good cookies using all natural ingredients.  I've never tried the squares, but the ugly truffles and damn good cookies are worth the shipping and handling!

John & Kira's:  Philadelphia-based chocolatier makes the most unique chocolate ladybugs and caramel bees!  Great quality and super cute... this one's always a crowd-pleaser.

Kayak Cookies: Maine-based bakery that I just discovered and will definitely be ordering from soon.  The Salty Oat cookies are AMAZING... actually, I'm eating one now.  So good.  My friend picked them up at Teaism in DC (for all you locals) but I'm so glad you can order them online too.

Kron Chocolatier:  Michael and I discovered the famous Budapest crème truffle at Mazza Gallery right across the street from Michael's office when looking for a birthday gift.  These are the most delicate, decedent, and delicious truffles I've ever had.  Mmmmmm....

...and the list keeps on growing.  We love supporting these local bakeries and chocolatiers, instead of Godiva, Vosges, or even See's Candies.  An extra kick of good karma in every delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment