Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt
I have a confession to make... I did not actually bake this.
Okay, now that my conscience is clear, I will say that I did find the recipe and it turned out so delicious that I WILL make it in the near future and therefore, I find it necessary to put this amazing recipe on the blog.
This recipe is from the Food Librarian and part of her "I Like Big Bundts" series... who doesn't love that? And my favorite baker/pilates instructor/personal trainer/friend Jennifer actually made this delicious bundt for her loft-warming party to kick off her new studio, Physique Loft in Adams Morgan! Yay!
All the loft-warming dishes were made with natural, organic ingredients so she used organic pumpkin puree instead of Libby's and organic butter, eggs, sour cream... you get the point. Also, we ran out of time and did not make the glaze. I'm sure the glaze is delicious but it was just perfect with a light sprinkle of organic powdered sugar.
Moist. Not too sweet. Delicious. My new fall favorite.
STREUSEL INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter
Cut butter into the sugar and spices until crumbly.
CAKE INGREDIENTS
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs, room temp
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
8 oz or 1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prep 12-cup Bundt pan (I use Pam with Flour spray).
2. Make streusel and set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
4. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes with the paddle attachment).
5. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl.
6. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla.
7. With mixer on low, add in flour mixture until just combined.
8. Spoon half batter into pan.
9. Top with streusel mixture. Don't let streusel hit the sides of the pan.
10. Top with the rest of the batter.
11. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes (depending on your oven) until toothpick or skewer comes out clean. Mine took 55 minutes.
12. Cool for 30 minutes in pan, then depan and cool completely.
13. Top with glaze of powdered sugar and orange juice (can also use milk or cream).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment