Monday, June 27, 2011

The Bucolic Plague

Fantastic and fun book!  Even for those of you that don't daydream of quitting your job, buying a farm, raising goats, and planting an heirloom garden (like me!), this is a really funny and convincingly honest story of two city boys and their aspirations of becoming Martha-worthy gentlemen farmers.

So what did I learn from this book:
1. LOVE everything on Their Website
2. Realized there's no way I could ever work as hard as a country farmer
3. Complain less about how much work our balcony garden takes
4. Convinced me not to raise goats or chickens anymore (unless I make enough money to hire someone to take care of them)
5. And it's not that I didn't appreciate and respect my in-law's expansive mountain home in the first place, but I cannot imagine managing all that land, tending the garden, chopping firewood, growing mushrooms, tapping maple trees, and all the other chores that come with living in the country.  Whew!

So only a few days away from the 2nd Annual Merschat Family Garden Party & Bonfire, I would highly recommend picking up this hilarious reality check!  I give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment