Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gazpacho


Another summer favorite that we served at our dinner party this weekend was gazpacho using the tomatoes and parsley from our balcony garden!  Our favorite recipe is in Joy of Cooking, but the only thing we tweak is substituting the green bell pepper for red bell pepper.  I just don't like the bitter taste of green bell peppers.

Here's the recipe on page 99:



Note: It's delicious with a couple slices of garlic toast.  Just press as many garlic cloves as you want into a bowl, mix some olive oil into the garlic, spoon it onto some sliced baguette, and pop it in the oven or toaster oven until it's toasted!

2 comments:

  1. You must have been reading my mind! I was craving gazpacho this weekend. I'll have to try this weekend. I feel the same way about green peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally was reading your mind, my lovely foodie soulmate xoxo

    ReplyDelete