Monday, February 15, 2010

EASY Last-Minute Chocolate Cake

You only need a bowl and a fork to mix this batter and it's to DIE for! So easy and so quick - you have run out of excuses and must make this chocolate cake for your favorite chocoholic!

I was supposed to do dessert for Valentine's Day, but I didn't want to make an old recipe and didn't want to try something new that would take a lot of time. Fortunately around 5 pm, I remembered a simple "go-to" chocolate cake recipe that I read on the Sweet Paul blog a few weeks ago. I had all the ingredients in our kitchen so I thought Hey! Let's give it a try!

This was Sweet Paul's go-to cake recipe and it's now mine too. And once you try it, it will be yours too.

INGREDIENTS
1 stick melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons baking cocoa
3/4 cup plain flour

DIRECTIONS
Pre-heat your oven to 320F, 160C.
Stir butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Stir in vanilla, cocoa and flour.
Pour the batter in a buttered cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes.
The cake is best if its a little underbaked in the middle, like a soft brownie.
Take out and let cool a little.
Serve while still a little hot a la mode or with some whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment