Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy New Year!


Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Sun Nien Fai Lok!

Michael and I celebrated the Year of the Tiger with dim sum at Mark's Duck House (our favorite dim sum place in the DC metro area) with a couple friends. Delicious, as usual.

And since I'm not familiar with all the Chinese zodiac superstitions, I thought I'd look up the predictions for this year. Hmmm... not too uplifting. According to one website:

The year of the Tiger is traditionally associated with massive changes and social upheaval. Therefore, 2010 is very likely to be a volatile one both on the world scene, as well as on a personal level.

Tigers who thrive on chance and unpredictabilty are best suited to navigating the many upheavals predicted in the year ahead. Those compatible with the Tiger — the Dragon and the Horse in particular — may also find 2010's erratic circumstances inspiring them to ever bolder action, and ultimate success.


Of course, this all depends on what elemental sign you are because since this is a metal tiger year, if you're also a metal element, then this year may not be as bad... you know how it is. But just by browsing the headlines, I don't need a crystal ball (or a chinese zodiac) telling me 2010 is going to be a rough year. Hang in there and let's hope the Year of the Rabbit helps us hop out of this recession in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment