Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dirty Arnold Palmer


'Tis the season for weddings... and wedding showers!  Yesterday, I had to pleasure of hosting my good friend Victoria's wedding shower and it was a big success.  Whenever I sign up to do this stuff, I always forget how much prep and planning goes into these things.  I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husband that is eager to help out and loves hosting parties as much as I do!  (I'll be posting Michael's red pepper hummus and Camembert fondue recipes later this week - they were quite a hit!)

But let's start off with the signature cocktail: The Dirty Victoria Lawrence.  Well, it's real name is a Dirty Arnold Palmer but we switched it up for the occasion!  It's wonderfully refreshing with a hint of mint and an iced tea base - perfect for a light summer party drink.

INGREDIENTS
Sweet Tea Vodka
Citrus Vodka
A Bunch of Mint
A Bag of Lemons
Unsweetened Ice Tea
Lemonade
Club Soda (or sparking water)
Ice*
*You can use regular ice but Nicole (she's a bartender part-time) made some ice with just water and mint for the look, and also made ice cubes using 1 cup sweet tea vodka and 2 cups water with mint leaves. Optional and a little extra work, but worth it because it's so pretty! 


DIRECTIONS
Fill highball glass with ice.  Put one shot sweet tea vodka and one shot citrus vodka.  Squeeze in 2-3 wedges of lemons (use a lemon press or just make sure you catch all the seeds).  Throw in some mint leaves (maybe about 5 or 6 depending on how big your leaves are and how much you like mint).

Pour into martini shaker... and shake!

Pour back into highball glass and add equal amounts of ice tea, lemonade and club soda.

Serve with a sprig of mint on top.

Here's a photo of Nicole serving up Victoria's signature cocktail at the shower.  Aaaaaaah... refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment