Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Easy Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting

Simple and Delicious.  My favorite kind of recipe.  So here was another hit at Victoria's wedding shower: Funfetti mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

I had never heard of funfetti cake until I met Victoria - it's her signature cake and all-time favorite - so of course I had to make it for the shower.  The issue I have with funfetti with rainbow chip frosting is that it's super sweet.  I thought a classic cream cheese frosting would be just right to even out the sweetness.

My co-worker pointed me to Tasty Kitchen for a simple recipe and I halfed the sugar - it worked perfectly!  Now Michael has made me promise to make this frosting for any and all cakes because he likes it so much!

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/8 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

DIRECTIONS
Beat cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla till smooth. Gradually add heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.

*The hearts are jumbo sprinkles that I got from A.C. Moore.  I thought they made a cute accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment