Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

You have to be living in a cave if you haven't heard of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series.  I heard so many great things about the books and I needed a few more things to throw into my Amazon.com order to get free shipping so... I bought the first two in the series sometime last summer.  They sat on our bookshelf for a few months and then Michael picked up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

He could not put it down.  Loved it.

Then he started reading the The Girl That Played with Fire and couldn't put it down.  Loved it too.

He's saving The Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest for the flight to and from London... but I'm sure he'll love that one too.

I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm probably not going to read the next two books.  I don't know... it's not that it was bad.  It was a very enjoyable book, even though it was slow setting up the series during the first 200 pages, but I literally could not put it down the remaining 400 pages.  Read two thirds of the book in 2 days!  But, the subject matter is disturbing and I don't think I'm a fan of uncomfortable subjects like sexual deviancy.  I mean, it wasn't THAT bad but it was a little uncomfortable and because of that... I'm giving the book at 7 out of 10.

I'm sure Michael would give it higher marks though and I am VERY happy that he likes the books so my purchase did not go to waste!

Au revoir!  Our next post will probably be from Paris!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment