Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Souvenirs

The last couple weeks have been super busy so I'm sorry for not updating the blog for a bit.  And although I had to work today, I am thankful that I have this Thanksgiving weekend to catch up with stuff!

Most of you know that Michael and I did not purchase formal china for our place settings.  We decided to collect place settings from our vacations so each of our guests could share a little memory and a little story at our dinner parties!

This place setting was purchased at Astier de Villatte.

Astier de Villatte ceramics are entirely handmade in Paris, France. Made of black terracotta clay, the pieces are extremely durable yet surprisingly light to the touch making them perfect for everyday use. The namesake tableware collection is inspired by 18th and 19th century designs and is glazed to create a milky white finish.

We LOVE it.  But unfortunately for us, we apparently have expensive taste and were not happy with any of the other place settings we saw at other stores in Paris.  Isn't it so unique and refined?  So pretty!  Can't wait to put it to use.


Ok, enough about the place setting.  We also got something much more practical for everyday use: Peugeot salt and pepper mills!  Rue de Rennes has fabulous little boutiques and we got a great deal on this salt and pepper mills.  Michael put them to use as soon as we got home!


And last but not least, we brought home a tub of Edmond Fallot mustard.  That's right... a TUB!  Mmmm... that's delicious mustard.  It's really THAT good... cross my heart.

So you've probably figured out by now that this will not be our last trip to Paris.  Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment