Just read this post in Apartment Therapy on the best wine glasses of 2010 and thought it was worth a post. Our friends Roger and Martha work at the Australian Embassy and get AMAZING deals on wine and wine glasses. They got us 12 fabulous Reidel red wine glasses last year for our wedding and it's been a pleasure sipping from them. Unfortunately, we only had three champagne glasses and desperately needed a new set since sipping champagne from a red wine glass is like drinking malt liquor from a brown paper bag!
The embassy got a Reidel shipment in a few weeks ago and so Roger picked us up a case of champagne flutes (Ouverture, I think) AND a case of white whine glasses too! How proper are we?!?! Now, we're not sure where to actually store all these wine glasses but we'll work those details out after we get back from Europe. I'm just excited that we have the proper wine glasses for our dinner parties... I feel so grown up!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment