We're having a huge issue in Paris... drinking cheap, delicious wine and eating expensive, delicious cheese with no way of buying it at home!
Michael picked up a couple bottles for dinner last night at our neighborhood wine store around the corner and I fell in love with this Horeau-Beylot & Co. Bordeaux 2008 (Appellation Bordeaux Controlee - whatever that means) that I cannot find anywhere on the web! I don't even like Bordeauxs usually... but love this 4 euro bottle.
We also picked up some cheeses at the cheese stall (right next to the wine store and the yummy boulangerie) and will probably never have that authentic gruyere cheese or that leaf-wrapped ooey, gooey mystery cheese again!
The only thing that I am not a fan of is the tea. Paris is most definitely a coffee town and I do miss the delicous black tea in London.
Touristy Highlights:
Yesterday we did Notre Dame, Point Neuf, Sainte Chapelle (which was closed for renovations), and most of the stuff within walking distance of our flat.
Today we did Montmartre (and even walked up to the top of the dome... amazing), Eiffel Tower, Esplanade des Invilades, Musée du Quai Branly and a bunch of little things along the way.
Tomorrow we'll be spending a rainy day the Louvre or some other museum... we haven't decided yet. Our vacation is turning out pretty random depending on the weather but it's still been great so far!
Bonsoir!

No comments:
Post a Comment